List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 28 1999 1:11pm
Subject:ADO, MyODBC Problem
View as plain text
>>>>> "Reuben" == Reuben Harris <reuben.harris@stripped>
> writes:

Reuben> Hello --

Reuben> I am having a strange problem using the myODBC NT driver with ADO. Basically
Reuben> I am not being allowed to update recordsets, although it's not for the usual
Reuben> reason.

Reuben> The error from myODBC is somewhat bizarre - it says "Cannot open table
> name of one of the
Reuben> columns on the table the update is being performed on!

Reuben> Weird.  Here's a snippet from myodbc.log to show what I mean :

Reuben> | | query: Query = "INSERT INTO Bank1Name (Bank1Name) VALUES ('TSG SINGER
Reuben> STREET')"
Reuben> | | error: Got error: 1146 (Table 'DTArchiver.Bank1Name' doesn't exist)

Reuben> Bank1Name is actually a *column* name in the table that is supposed to be
Reuben> being updated!

Reuben> Does this ring any bells with anyone? I'd be very grateful for any help you
Reuben> can give!

Reuben> Thanks,

Hi!

This is fixed in the newest MyODBC version; Please try it!

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply;  I am still trying to catch up with the
    mails that piled up during my vacation.
Thread
ADO, MyODBC ProblemReuben Harris3 Nov
  • ADO, MyODBC ProblemMichael Widenius28 Nov