List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Berthold Höllmann Date:March 24 1999 2:07pm
Subject:Re: Problems using myodbc from Python
View as plain text
Michael Widenius wrote:

> se6y095> Hello,
> se6y095> I try to to use myODBC from Python on my Linux box. I use mxODBC 1.0.1,
> se6y095> MySQL 3.22.20a and iODBC 2.50.22 with myodbc-2.50.22. mxODBC is compiled
> se6y095> with direct ODBC access to MySQL trough myodbc as well as access through
> se6y095> iODBC. When I use iODBC the access is OK, but when I try to load myodbc
> se6y095> I ge a segmentation fault. After fiddeling with gdb a bit I found:
>
> se6y095> (gdb) run  -c "import ODBC.MySQL"
> se6y095> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/python -c "import ODBC.MySQL"
>
> se6y095> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> se6y095> 0x40083c72 in chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x400de1a0, nb=16) at malloc.c:2616
> se6y095> malloc.c:2616: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.
> se6y095> (gdb) where
> se6y095> #0  0x40083c72 in chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x400de1a0, nb=16) at
> se6y095> malloc.c:2616
> My guess would be that some call before the above have trashed the
> memory stack.
>
> One way to get some more information would be to install the glibc
> development package (in source);  By using this, you could get
> information about what happens in libc_malloc !

Ok I simply recompiled Python because of problems with another
application and the problem is gone away. Maybe a problem was, that I
had compiled MySQLmodule-1.4 with Python, but against an older version
of mySQL.

Cheers

Berthold
--
bhoel@stripped
        It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads