List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:November 25 1999 3:28pm
Subject:RE: MySQL ODBC and MSSQL7 DTS
View as plain text
Here is the method I use, with much success.

If you have VB5/6 handy with rdo/ado ....

Create a DB class with http://www.pbc.ottawa.on.ca, for the schema you use
on the M$SQL server but make to outputs using MYSQL as one target and M$SQL
as another.

If there is no autonumber field on the M$SQL field called ID insert one
(you can delete the column later).

Use the two vb classes to transfer the data. Chunking of blobs should be
seamless no matter what the content. Try a loop like this....

--------
dim MS as new msclass
dim MY as new myclass

ms.findrecord ' selects them all
while not ms.eof
	my.addnew ms.indexed_field1, ms.indexed_field2 .... ' indexed fields must
be provided here also
	my.field1 = ms.field3
	my.id = ms.id ' if you want to carry over the same autonumbers
	ms.getnext
	wend
--------