List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pat Sherrill Date:November 19 1999 1:31pm
Subject:Re: *** MUTEX access to data
View as plain text
MySQL is a client/server product.  If you are writing a client, it is the
programmer's responsibility to handle the client threads (assuming you are
writing a multithreaded client) and notification of conflicts to the client
as well as select appropriate methods of locking.  I have not experienced
any deadlock situations with any current version of MySQL.

The most common issue generating the ODBC exception you describe below is a
table that does not have a Primary Key defined or is missing a TIMESTAMP(14)
column from the table.

I hope this helps.

Pat...