List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:March 24 1999 2:13am
Subject:Re: MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" error
View as plain text
At 11:28 AM 3/23/99 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm using Access 97 to maintain a local copy of a remote MySQL database.  The
>Access database is stored and run on a Netware server.  Since I opted not
to do
>live updates of the MySQL tables through ODBC, all editing and data entry
takes
>place in the local database, although I did set up links to the remote tables
>using MyODBC so that Access can export the data to MySQL when called for.  I
>wrote a macro that empties the remote MySQL tables then runs append
queries that
>refill the remote tables with the contents of the updated Access tables.
>
>I have successfully run this macro while using a Windows 98 PC.  However,
when
>running the macro from an NT workstation, Access returns an error stating
>"Overflow" and halts the macro.  The append query that gets stuck is
supposed to
>be sending up about 22,000 records.  I tried splitting the query up into
three
>parts to send the data up in smaller increments but I got the same error.
>16,067 records made it up to the MySQL table before the macro stopped
running.

>I am truly puzzled that it works on Windows 98 but not on NT.  I am using the
>most recent version of MyODBC (full setup) for both platforms.  Does
anyone have
>any thoughts on this?  Thanks in advance...
>
>Devon

The overflow condition is coming from the odbc layer and not access. ODBC
buffers in the system is only about 2-4k in size. Try to force manager
cursors in the driver and try again. If that fails, make sure the temp dir
has enough free space.

---
Peter B. Carter (peterc@stripped)
Home: 613-562-1176
Pager: 613-751-4660

Thread
MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" errorDevon.Biere23 Mar
  • Re: MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" errorPeter Carter24 Mar
  • MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" errorMichael Widenius24 Mar