List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 12 1999 11:09pm
Subject:Re: Misconfiguration?
View as plain text

Ken> At 10:55 AM 10/25/99 +0200, Milan Salajka wrote:
>> > Hmm... actually, that brings up one possible point -- I did get a bizarre
>> > message when in Microsoft Access, trying to change a field in a linked
>> > mysql table, that someone had already changed the data. This wasn't true,
>> > but I was consistently unable to make changes. Maybe this is related?
>>
>> You should have a TIMESTAMP type column in table, it will solve THIS
>> problem.

Ken> Well, we do have a TIMESTAMP column -- and it is still happening.

Ken> It seems to be only affecting 'char' fields -- I can change integer fields
Ken> without this error.

>> (Anyway there are some other "problems" when you are using MyODBC &
>> ACCESS...)

Ken> How might those relate to our continuing problems with IIS on an NT? IIS ->
Ken> myODBC --> mySQL (over the LAN) doesn't go via access...

Hi!

Have you tried to do a MyODBC trace file and examine this to see what
is really going one?

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the long delay before replying, but I just come back from
    a 2 weeks vacation trip.
Thread
Misconfiguration?Ken Menken22 Oct
  • Re: Misconfiguration?Milan Salajka25 Oct
    • Re: Misconfiguration?Ken Menken25 Oct
      • Re: Misconfiguration?Michael Widenius13 Nov