List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 12 1999 11:48pm
Subject:fix for reading Intersolv odbc.ini
View as plain text
>>>>> "Scott" == Scott Weikart <scott@stripped> writes:

Scott> My document describing "Using MySQL/MyODBC with ColdFusion" has moved to:
Scott> ftp://ftp.igc.apc.org/pub/myodbc/README

Scott> I just got mail today with a patch to fix one of the problems mentioned in my
Scott> document.

Scott> -scott
Scott> =============================================================================
Scott> Subject: fix for LogonID/Password in odbc.ini (solaris)
Scott> To: scott@stripped
Scott> Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:01:42 +0200 (CEST)
Scott> Cc: schilham@stripped

Scott> Hi Scott!

Scott> As you noted in your README, the LogonID and Password parameters in odbc.ini
Scott> don't seem to work. Fortunately, I managed to get them working on Solaris,
Scott> see the included diff file. The function fix_str() in connect.c seems to cause
Scott> the problem. By the way, the parameter LogonID is replaced by User:

Scott> [mytest]
Scott> Driver=/usr/local/myodbc/lib/libmyodbc.so
Scott> Description=MySQL
Scott> Database=mytest
Scott> User=robin
Scott> Password=mamamia

Scott> Robin Schilham
Scott> schilham@stripped

Scott> system: SunOS xxx 5.6 Generic_105181-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Scott> myodbc: myodbc-2.50.24
Scott> mysql:  Ver 7.11 Distrib 3.22.25, for sun-solaris2.6 on sparc

<cut>

Hi!

The problem with the given patch is that it doesn't use the user and
password arguments to SQLConnect.

I have tried to fix this properly in my MyODBC driver;  I will release
this in Monday.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
fix for reading Intersolv odbc.iniScott Weikart23 Oct
  • fix for reading Intersolv odbc.iniMichael Widenius13 Nov