List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devon.Biere Date:March 23 1999 5:28pm
Subject:MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" error
View as plain text

I'm using Access 97 to maintain a local copy of a remote MySQL database.  The
Access database is stored and run on a Netware server.  Since I opted not to do
live updates of the MySQL tables through ODBC, all editing and data entry takes
place in the local database, although I did set up links to the remote tables
using MyODBC so that Access can export the data to MySQL when called for.  I
wrote a macro that empties the remote MySQL tables then runs append queries that
refill the remote tables with the contents of the updated Access tables.

I have successfully run this macro while using a Windows 98 PC.  However, when
running the macro from an NT workstation, Access returns an error stating
"Overflow" and halts the macro.  The append query that gets stuck is supposed to
be sending up about 22,000 records.  I tried splitting the query up into three
parts to send the data up in smaller increments but I got the same error.
16,067 records made it up to the MySQL table before the macro stopped running.

I am truly puzzled that it works on Windows 98 but not on NT.  I am using the
most recent version of MyODBC (full setup) for both platforms.  Does anyone have
any thoughts on this?  Thanks in advance...

Devon

Thread
MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" errorDevon.Biere23 Mar
  • Re: MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" errorPeter Carter24 Mar
  • MyODBC: Access 97 "Overflow" errorMichael Widenius24 Mar