List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 10 1999 1:31am
Subject:Re: "Don't optimize column width"
View as plain text
>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Wong <gary.wong@stripped> writes:

Gary> Are you saying that optimizing the column width is supported, but
Gary> there might be a bug in MyODBC?  If so, I'll send the trace to
Gary> Monty.  (I'm sure that's what he wants to hear!)

Hi!

You don't have to send a trace;  The problem is a design flaw in ODBC;
Not all clients can't handle optimization of the column width.

On the other hand, it shouldn't affect your performance to use the
'don't optimize column width option' option.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
"Don't optimize column width"Gary Wong21 Oct
  • Re: "Don't optimize column width"Hendrik M.J. Arnoldus21 Oct
  • Re: "Don't optimize column width"Gary Wong21 Oct
    • Re: "Don't optimize column width"Michael Widenius10 Nov