List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ram Rajadhyaksha Date:November 5 1999 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Access 2000 - user already updating record
View as plain text
> I saw a note saying that the table needed both primary keys and a timestamp
> field for linked changes and I've tried this, but I must be missing
> something, since I can't get it to work for me.  Can someone who is
> modifying data thru linked Access 2000 tables give me some specific
> directions?

I had this exact same problem with Access 97. I had a primary key and
timestamp in my table and it still did not work.

After much investigation, I found out that when I compiled MySQL on a Linux
Mandrake 6.0 box, the timestamp comparision code was broken. So, I ended up
just installing the binary RPMs and everything works dandy now.

A way to check this is to insert something into your table, set the timestamp
to some time. Then do a SQL statement like "SELECT * WHERE
TIMESTAMP=001199102321" where the value is the actual value of the timestamp
in the table. If it comes back with that selection, then things are working
okay. If not, then something is broken.

--Ram

--
* Ram Rajadhyaksha               "There is nothing more conducive to panic  *
* Inflection Technology Corp.     than a no choice situation." - J. Jillson *

Thread
Re: Access 2000 ODBC - MyODBC to MySQL can't export ANY tablesBill Davis16 Sep
  • Re: Access 2000 ODBC - MyODBC to MySQL can't export ANY tablesMichael Widenius18 Sep
  • Access 2000 - user already updating recordSanford Carr4 Nov
    • Re: Access 2000 - user already updating recordPatrick Sherrill4 Nov
    • Re: Access 2000 - user already updating recordRam Rajadhyaksha5 Nov
Re: Access 2000 - user already updating recordPatrick Sherrill5 Nov
Re: Access 2000 - user already updating recordPat Sherrill5 Nov