List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Sherrill Date:November 4 1999 7:17pm
Subject:Re: Access 2000 - user already updating record
View as plain text
If you set your DATE types to NOT NULL you need to set the default to an
actual date ACCESS can't deal with '0000-00-00' which is what MySQL will set
a DATE type to if it the date it is passed is invalid.  By setting the
column to NOT NULL you essentially force a date of '0000-00-00' when that
column is empty.

Set any DATE type columns to default to a known valid date that you can
identify in your application.  I use epoch '1970-01-01' or my birthdate.
eg.
regdate DATE NOT NULL DEFAULT='1970-01-01'

I hope this helps.

Pat...