List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 20 1999 4:51pm
Subject:MyODBC 2.50.27 for unix released
View as plain text
Hi!

I just relased MyODBC 2.50.27

From the change log:

------
* Added mutex lock around all use of DBC;  This should make MyODBC thread safe
  even for multiple threads share the same connection.

* MyODBC now uses libmysqlclient from MySQL 3.23.  One can now configure
  MyODBC without having to install the MySQL source.

----------

The INSTALL file now also describes solutions to some common problems
that has to do with shared libraries.

If I haven't done anything stupid, MyODBC should now be completely
thread safe.  You can of course still only execute one query /
connection at the same time, but at least it shouldn't be possible to
crash MyODBC by sending two queries at the same time.

You can of course have any number of active result set on a single
connection.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Note that I will be away between 99-10-21 - 99-11-07.  If you have
    found a bug in the mean time and it's critical for you, please try
    to debug this and send me a patch :)
Thread
MyODBC 2.50.27 for unix releasedMichael Widenius20 Oct