List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 20 1999 3:13am
Subject:ODBC and MS Access 97
View as plain text
>>>>> "ballier" == ballier  <ballier@stripped> writes:

ballier> Hello,
ballier> I have installed myodbc 2.50.24 with myodbc.dll 2.50.25 under NT4.0 SP5.

ballier> I use MS Access 97 as client program.

ballier> I can make a ODBC connection to a mysql database on Linux over ISDN
ballier> and tie up the tables.
ballier> But it is very slowly. There is a loud noise of my hard disk without any
ballier> pause. (I think, hard disk will be broken after some hours of this quick
ballier> head motions :-))).

ballier> The loud noise of hard disk is independent of transmission of data. You see
ballier> the data form, hear the noise, wait, hear the noise,..., then press
ballier> the button "next data", wait, wait, wait, hear the noise.... then appears
ballier> the next data record.

ballier> Can you help me? Do you know what's the reason for this?

Hi!

Try disabling ODBC logging and MyODBC tracing and try again.

If this doesn't help, then it's time to replace your hard disk :)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
ODBC and MS Access 97ballier20 Oct
  • ODBC and MS Access 97Michael Widenius20 Oct
  • Re: ODBC and MS Access 97Hendrik M.J. Arnoldus20 Oct
    • Re: ODBC and MS Access 97ballier20 Oct