List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fisher Date:September 5 2003 7:09pm
Subject:MyODBC connector 3.51
View as plain text

Hi Venu,

I installed the MyODBC connector 3.51 on my red hat 8.0 computer and
configured according to what I was told by INSTALL-BINARY. I checked the
dependence and everything is there. Then I run odbctest, I got the
following message. I also attached the odbc.ini with this mail. I have
been working on it for days, but I don't know why it is trying to
connect to a local server. The MySQL sever is in a remote sever and I
have no problem connecting to it if I run MySQL client with the same
user and password.I can also connect to the remote server by using the
driver from openlink.com.(But, it is not free!) So, what is the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Feili Yu

<message>

[root@fuzzy odbctest]# ./odbctest
OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ?

DSN                            | Driver
myodbc                         | MySQL ODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
myodbc3                        | MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=myodbc3
SQLDriverConnect = [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to local MySQL
server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2), SQLSTATE=HY000

Have a nice day.

;
;  odbc.ini configuration for MyODBC and MyODBC 3.51 Drivers
;

[ODBC Data Sources]

myodbc      = MySQL ODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
myodbc3     = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN

[myodbc]
Driver       = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Description  = MySQL ODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
SERVER       = localhost
PORT         =
USER         = root
Password     =
Database     = test
OPTION       = 3
SOCKET       =

[myodbc3]
Driver       = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Description  = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
SERVER       = 137.99.1.82
PORT         = 3306
USER         = sruan
Password     = sruan
Database     = test
OPTION       = 3
SOCKET       =

[Default]
Driver       = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Description  = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
SERVER       = 137.99.1.82
PORT         = 3306
USER         = root
Password     =