List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 18 1999 10:19pm
Subject:Access2000 & #deleted#
View as plain text

Steven> Michael Widenius wrote:
>> Anyway, the real problem is that, even if one can with ODBC can use
>> sql servers with auto_increment_values, there isn't any established
>> protocol to find out the ID for the new row.  (Wonder who designed
>> this protocol :).
>>
>> Access uses the following query to find out the new inserted row:
>>
>> SELECT .... FROM table  WHERE auto_increment_column IS NULL
>>
>> MySQL 3.23 tries to handle the above by converting the above query to:
>>
>> SELECT .... FROM table  WHERE auto_increment_column= LAST_INSERT_ID().
>>
>> This solves some problems, but introduces another:
>>
>> The problem is that, according to the logs, Access does the above
>> query 7 times for each inserted row ???

Steven> I'm using Access 2000 and have seen a different behavior.  Here are some
> interesting lines
Steven> from myobdc.log:

<cut>

Hi!

I assume Access doesn't have any documentation of this behaveour ?
(I can't either understand from where Access gets those queries)

Anyway, any change you can test Access 2000 against MySQL 3.23.5 when
it comes out (it shouldn't take long for the build to Finnish..)
It would be nice to know if my last patches changes this.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: Access97 & #deleted#Unknown Sender7 Oct
  • Re: Access97 & #deleted#Andreas Lund7 Oct
    • Re: Access97 & #deleted#Unknown Sender7 Oct
  • Re: Access97 & #deleted#Michael Widenius10 Oct
  • Access2000 & #deleted#Steven Schoch18 Oct
    • Access2000 & #deleted#Michael Widenius19 Oct
Re: Access97 & #deleted#ef7 Oct
RE: Access2000 & #deleted#Gerald R. Jensen19 Oct