List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 14 1999 9:44pm
Subject:Cannot connect to the MySQL server from NT client via MyODBC.
View as plain text

K> Dear Sir,
K> I have installed MySQL on my Red-Hat linux server. It works fine. Then, I
K> installed MyODBC on my Windows NT client. I tried to connect to the MySQL
K> server from my NT client, I got the following error message :

K> 	"SQLSTATE = S1000
K> 	[TCX][MyODBC]Access denied for user: 'wong_kp@' (Using password:
K> YES)"

K> Actually, I have created a user "wong_kp" on my MySQL server and granted all
K> privileges to the user.
K> Please help to solve this problem. Thank You.

Hi!

Try putting a host name of 'your-client-ip' or '%' in the mysql.user
table for the wong_kp user.

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us, so that we can
afford to continue this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/

Thread
Cannot connect to the MySQL server from NT client via MyODBC.K P Wong14 Oct
  • Cannot connect to the MySQL server from NT client via MyODBC.Michael Widenius14 Oct
  • Re: Cannot connect to the MySQL server from NT client via MyODBC.Ron Savage15 Oct