List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:July 2 2003 9:24pm
Subject:RE: rs.delete won't fly
View as plain text
> The default locktype for a recordset is adLockReadonly, and as such you
> cannot modify the recordset's contents. See
> www.vbmysql.com/articles/cursorsandlocks.html
>
> You need rst.Open strSelect, conn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

Thanks, you beat me to it!  Having recently switched from DAO to ADO, I've
gotten caught by changes between DAO and ADO.  The solution is to specify
all of the parameters to the Open call :)

According to the ADO folks I've talked to, if you use adOpenStatic, you
won't se changes made by other people.  Maybe it doesn't matter.  I'd
suggest looking at the docs for Open, especially how ADO handles locking.

Thread
rs.delete won't flyjoe speigle2 Jul
RE: rs.delete won't flyMike Hillyer2 Jul
  • RE: rs.delete won't flyjoe speigle2 Jul
    • RE: rs.delete won't flyEd Carp2 Jul
  • RE: rs.delete won't flyjoe speigle2 Jul
  • RE: rs.delete won't flyEd Carp2 Jul
RE: rs.delete won't flyMike Hillyer2 Jul
  • Inserting Date FieldEd Kraft3 Jul
    • RE: Inserting Date FieldKyle Holder3 Jul
      • RE: Inserting Date FieldEd Kraft3 Jul
        • RE: Inserting Date FieldKyle Holder3 Jul
          • RE: Inserting Date FieldEd Kraft3 Jul
            • RE: Inserting Date FieldKyle Holder3 Jul
              • RE: Inserting Date FieldScott Nichols3 Jul
RE: rs.delete won't flyMike Hillyer2 Jul
Re: Inserting Date FieldMichael Viron4 Jul
Re: Inserting Date FieldDaniel J. Summers5 Jul
RE: Inserting Date Fieldjbonnett7 Jul