List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 21 1999 5:14pm
Subject:iodbc & myodbc & mysql
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Doelle <lars.doelle@stripped> writes:

Lars> Hi,
Lars> as you might know, the iodbc dm is now maintained for quite a while.
Lars> So it does not make sense to distribute a private version of iodbc anymore.

Sounds good!

Lars> Though myodbc does run with the "officical" version, i found that myodbc
Lars> has a general flaw, it does not make use of the driver configuration.

Lars> So, SQLConnect is plain broken on unix.

Lars> The issue is, that no SQLGetPrivateProfileString is provided by neither
Lars> myodbc's special iodbc edition nor by the current version of the iodbc.

Lars> I tried to contact Giovanni earlier to hash the issue out, but it failed, so
Lars> perhaps this list is a better address.

Lars> Another flaw i found with myodbc is that it requires the mysql sources
Lars> to be installed (for some headers). Because i feel otherwise comfortable
Lars> with the binary distribution i use and it also includes all the headers that
Lars> mysql installs regularly, i wonder if this could not be fixed also.

I got a mail about this a couple of days ago and this should be fixed
in the next MySQL version (3.22.21).

Lars> Regards, Lars

Regards,
Monty
Thread
iodbc & myodbc & mysqlLars Doelle20 Mar
  • Re: iodbc & myodbc & mysqlPeter Harvey20 Mar
  • iodbc & myodbc & mysqlMichael Widenius21 Mar
  • PATCH: iodbc & myodbcLars Doelle28 Mar
AW: iodbc & myodbc & mysqlHelmut Gruber23 Mar
  • Re: AW: iodbc & myodbc & mysqlLars Doelle23 Mar