List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Calistra Research Labs Date:September 28 1999 1:43am
Subject:User with Win98 problems
View as plain text
I have somebody with problems with myODBC on win98. Since I
seldom use Win98 I can't help much - all I have discovered is that
Win98 does act a bit strangely on ODBC setup.

>------8x--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've found more today on doing this, in the HTML version of the
MySQL manual (ch 16.4) which seems to indicate how to proceed.
Last night I had also found the MyODBC Win32 install on the
MySQL site.  By 3 am I had undone the mess the install program
had made in writing a hoard of old Win95 dlls on top of my Win98
files.  That setup is a disaster.  It overwrites legitimate stuff and
doesn't do anything about installing the myodbc.dll file.

So my revised question:  how indeed do I install MyODBC: just
copy the myodbc.dll into the c:\windows\system directory and
fill out the MyODBCAdmin > boxes?  Are there any tricks?
Any advice much appreciated.

Dave Appleton
Calistra ODBC MySQL Adminstrator
See our special mySQL Licence Bundle!
http://www.calistra.com/MySQL
Thread
User with Win98 problemsCalistra Research Labs28 Sep
  • User with Win98 problemsMichael Widenius29 Sep