List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Schoch Date:September 27 1999 2:46pm
Subject:Microsoft Access again
View as plain text
I installed myODBC on one Win2000 machine and used it with Access 2000 to link
to mySQL running on Linux.  No problem.

Then I shared the Access database, installed myODBC on a Windows 98 machine,
and set up a User DSN on the Win98 machine with a different user.

The trouble is that when I run Access on the Win98 machine and open the shared
Access database it pops up the myODBC dialog with the user and password FROM
THE FIRST MACHINE already filled in.  Also, the "database" name is filled in as
the DSN name, which is annoying, but not a security problem like the first.

Where does Access store the ODBC parameters?  I can't figure it out.

--
Steven Schoch
StarNet Communications Corp.

Thread
basic myodbc questionsGregg4 Sep
  • Re: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet4 Sep
    • Re: basic myodbc questionsSanford Carr4 Sep
      • RE: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet6 Sep
        • RE: basic myodbc questionsJames Hamilton6 Sep
    • Re: basic myodbc questionsJames Hamilton4 Sep
      • RE: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet5 Sep
  • More Access questionsSteven Schoch8 Sep
  • Microsoft Access againSteven Schoch27 Sep