as you might know, the iodbc dm is now maintained for quite a while.
So it does not make sense to distribute a private version of iodbc anymore.
Though myodbc does run with the "officical" version, i found that myodbc
has a general flaw, it does not make use of the driver configuration.
So, SQLConnect is plain broken on unix.
The issue is, that no SQLGetPrivateProfileString is provided by neither
myodbc's special iodbc edition nor by the current version of the iodbc.
I tried to contact Giovanni earlier to hash the issue out, but it failed, so
perhaps this list is a better address.
Another flaw i found with myodbc is that it requires the mysql sources
to be installed (for some headers). Because i feel otherwise comfortable
with the binary distribution i use and it also includes all the headers that
mysql installs regularly, i wonder if this could not be fixed also.