List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 21 1999 10:48pm
Subject:Remote connection to MySQL server via Cold Fusion
View as plain text
>>>>> "Scott" == Scott W Lee <scott.lee@stripped> writes:

Scott> I am running Cold Fusion 4.0 on Solaris
Scott> and can connect to a local MySQL database. However, I cannot correctly
Scott> configure odbc.ini to connect to a remote MySQL server. I think it is
Scott> because I don't know how to configure odbc.ini to connect to remote
Scott> MySQL server because it works on command line using mysql.

Scott> Please help, Thanks

Here is my own ~/.odbc.ini file (for use with libiodbc).  You should
be able to just change the SERVER variable below to connect to
another host.

Regards,
Monty

#=============================================================================#
# odbc.ini (Unix)                                                            #
#									      #
# Copy this to ~/.odbc.ini and you can access the test database		      #
# with 'SAMPLES/odbctest						      #
#=============================================================================#
#                                                                             #
# sample configuration file for iODBC                                         #
#                                                                             #
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#
#                                                                             #
# a driver section is set up like this:                                       #
#       [<identifier>]                                                        #
#               Driver = <path>/<name_of_dynamic_link_library>
#
#               DSN    = <database_name>                                      #
#                                                                             #
# <identifier>  ::= [A-za-z][A-Za-z0-9_]*                                     #
#  [default]    ::= entry used, if no other data matches                      #
#                                                                             #
# Trace = ON | On | on | 1 | OFF | Off | off | 0                              #
#       enable tracing of ODBC routines                                       #
# Tracefile = stdout | stderr                                                 #
#       output for trace information, either stdout or stderr                 #
#                                                                             #
# Some MySQL specific options:						      #
#                                                                             #
# SERVER = hostname of server that runs mysqld				      #
# PORT   = TCP/IP port (default 3306)					      #
# SOCKET = Unix socket to use as connection if SERVER is not given or if      #
#	   SERVER is 'localhost'					      #
# DB	 = Database to connect to. If not given, DSN is used.		      #
#          This allows one to access databases with the same name on	      #
#	   different machines.						      #
# OPTION = Changes behavour of MyDOBC for not ODBC compilant clients.	      #
#          See the myodbc README file for more information.                   #
#                                                                             #
#=============================================================================#

#
# MySQL specific:
# If DB is given it's used as the databasename instead of DNS.
#
#

[test]
Trace    = Off
TraceFile= stderr
Driver   = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so
DSN      = test
SERVER   = localhost
USER     = test
PASSWORD =
PORT     = 3306
#OPTIONS = 1
#DATABASE= test
#SOCKET  = /tmp/mysql.sock

# end of file                                                                 #
Thread
Remote connection to MySQL server via Cold FusionScott W. Lee21 Sep
  • Remote connection to MySQL server via Cold FusionMichael Widenius22 Sep
Re: Remote connection to MySQL server via Cold FusionScott Weikart24 Sep