List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 17 1999 12:06am
Subject:Bug in MyODBC with fix
View as plain text
>>>>> "Nils" == Nils Frostberg <nils@stripped> writes:

Nils> We have had a problem with MyODBC for a while. We are using MyODBC with
Nils> Apache webserver.
>> From version 20 of MyODBC and forward the webserver have been restarting by
Nils> itself, over and over again, but version 19 and earlier worked fine.
Nils> I downloaded MyODBC source distribution of version 24, and traced it and
Nils> then I found a nasty "__asm int 3;" in this function:
Nils> "
Nils> static void my_win_init(void)
Nils> {
Nils>   HKEY	hSoftMysql ;
Nils>   DWORD dimName = 256 ;
Nils>   DWORD dimData = 1024 ;
Nils>   DWORD dimNameValueBuffer = 256 ;
Nils>   DWORD dimDataValueBuffer = 1024 ;
Nils>   DWORD indexValue = 0 ;
Nils>   long	retCodeEnumValue ;
Nils>   char	NameValueBuffer[256] ;
Nils>   char	DataValueBuffer[1024] ;
Nils>   char	EnvString[1271] ;
Nils>   const char *targetKey = "Software\\MySQL" ;
Nils>   DBUG_ENTER("my_win_init");

Nils> //HERE*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Nils>   __asm int 3;

Ouch;  It looks like another bug in Microsofts VC++ compiler :(
I will shortly make a new MyODBC version and I will check this when I
do it!

<cut>

Nils> There is though an other problem which I havent solved yet. When I compile
Nils> the 24
Nils> version in my Visual Studio 6.0 Release, I can't open the ODBC source from
Nils> VB.
Nils> It works fine if I compile it with Debug mode.

Sorry, no clues :(  Does it work for you with admndemo.exe in both
cases?   If yes, it looks like some weird bug in VB.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Bug in MyODBC with fixNils Frostberg14 Sep
  • Bug in MyODBC with fixMichael Widenius17 Sep