List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Dean Date:March 19 1999 3:24pm
Subject:Re: MySql error (File DSN not saved)
View as plain text
Since I shouldn't use File DSN (it doesn't seem to work anyway), how do I make my DSN's
portable to other systems?

I've written a small VB/Crystal Reports program to generate the reports we need, and
now I'd like to distribute that to my department heads so they can run it... but none
of them have any ODBC experience, so setting up the User or System DSN's will confuse
them.

I've tried just snatching the DSN info out of the registry into a .reg file for someone
to double-click, but that just doesn't seem to work....  File DSNs would be better.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Christian Mack wrote:

> Hi Jim
>
> Never use File DSN with MyODBC.
> Use User DSN or System DSN instead (depending on the win priviledges given to you).
>
> Tschau
> Christian

> James Coyle wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone explain why I get this error when trying to connect using MyODBC
> > from Windows control panel?
> >
> > I can connect to my server d'base using WinMySQL but not thru MyODBC
> >
> > Any assistance offered will be greatly appreciated
> > Jim Coyle

Thread
MySql error (File DSN not saved)James Coyle19 Mar
  • Re: MySql error (File DSN not saved)Christian Mack19 Mar
  • Re: MySql error (File DSN not saved)Ingo Dean19 Mar
    • ODBC Error 13Calistra Research Labs19 Mar
      • ODBC Error 13Michael Widenius19 Mar