List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 7:04pm
Subject:Re: Decimal Datatypes/Primary Keys
View as plain text
Michael Widenius wrote:

> Hi!

> David> Hi
> David> I am new to ODBC. I have Access97 on my local pc and am exporting to
> David> MySQL on a remote server using ODBC. I have 3 queries which I can't
> David> resolve from archives/manual.
>
> David> 1) Although I'm setting a primary key in my Access dbase, this is not
> David> 'appearing' in the mysql database. Do I have to this this 'manually'
> David> after export?
>
> Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one;  Try doing a MyODBC trace
> file (or start mysqld with --log) and check what commands Access sends
> to the MySQL server;  There is always the possibility the Access
> doesn't send MySQL the information about the index!
>
> David> 2) I want to export a currency or integer field with fixed two decimal
> David> places but either end up with 4 decimal places or none in the mysql
> David> table.
>
> Same answer as above;  You must find out what statemens Access is
> sending to MySQL to know what is going wrong.
>
> David> 3) ODBC export does not appear to overwrite existing tables. I first
> David> have to delete them on remote server before export. Is there a way round
> David> this?
>
> I don't think so (this is an Access problem)
>
> David> Thanks
> David> David Button
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Hi David

Number 3):
You can link the mysql tables insted of exporting from access to them.
This implies, that all changes are made online to mysql (perhaps this is not what you
want).

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysDavid Button5 Sep
  • Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysMichael Widenius8 Sep
  • Re: Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysChristian Mack9 Sep