List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 7:04pm
Subject:Re: Decimal Datatypes/Primary Keys
View as plain text
Michael Widenius wrote:
> Hi!
> David> Hi
> David> I am new to ODBC. I have Access97 on my local pc and am exporting to
> David> MySQL on a remote server using ODBC. I have 3 queries which I can't
> David> resolve from archives/manual.
> David> 1) Although I'm setting a primary key in my Access dbase, this is not
> David> 'appearing' in the mysql database. Do I have to this this 'manually'
> David> after export?
> Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one;  Try doing a MyODBC trace
> file (or start mysqld with --log) and check what commands Access sends
> to the MySQL server;  There is always the possibility the Access
> doesn't send MySQL the information about the index!
> David> 2) I want to export a currency or integer field with fixed two decimal
> David> places but either end up with 4 decimal places or none in the mysql
> David> table.
> Same answer as above;  You must find out what statemens Access is
> sending to MySQL to know what is going wrong.
> David> 3) ODBC export does not appear to overwrite existing tables. I first
> David> have to delete them on remote server before export. Is there a way round
> David> this?
> I don't think so (this is an Access problem)
> David> Thanks
> David> David Button
> Regards,
> Monty

Hi David

Number 3):
You can link the mysql tables insted of exporting from access to them.
This implies, that all changes are made online to mysql (perhaps this is not what you

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysDavid Button5 Sep
  • Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysMichael Widenius8 Sep
  • Re: Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysChristian Mack9 Sep