List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 19 1999 2:26pm
Subject:Re: MySql error (File DSN not saved)
View as plain text
James Coyle wrote:

> Can anyone explain why I get this error when trying to connect using MyODBC
> from Windows control panel?
>
> I can connect to my server d'base using WinMySQL but not thru MyODBC
>
> Any assistance offered will be greatly appreciated
> Jim Coyle

Hi Jim

Never use File DSN with MyODBC.
Use User DSN or System DSN instead (depending on the win priviledges given to you).

Tschau
Christian

Thread
MySql error (File DSN not saved)James Coyle19 Mar
  • Re: MySql error (File DSN not saved)Christian Mack19 Mar
  • Re: MySql error (File DSN not saved)Ingo Dean19 Mar
    • ODBC Error 13Calistra Research Labs19 Mar
      • ODBC Error 13Michael Widenius19 Mar