List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 8 1999 1:40pm
Subject:MySQL access problem
View as plain text

K> Hello.
K> We are not sure if this is the right address for this kind of help request.  Anyway,
> help us please (Our hosting ISP refer you as technical support.).
K> We opened a commerce hosting on ValueWeb (http://www.valueweb.net) recently but we
> can't use our database provided by MySQL.    We tried to access through MyODBC by Access
> 97, FoxPro 6.0 on different computers none of them worked, "User access denied".  User ID
> and Password are correct for sure.
K> They are saying the problem is ours because they can access our database using same
> User ID and Password on their side.  Why?  They don't do further technical support.
> Attached myodbc.log file.  We are using Windows 98 not 95.  Is this the problem?
K> Please help.  Thank you.

K> Henry
K> AnnexUSA, Inc.
K> k.hirao@stripped

Hi!

What MySQL version are you using?

What is the EXACT error message you get?  Depending on the error
message it's very easy to know what could be the problem!

Win95/Win98 should both work.  Note that our mailing list handler
automaticly removes any attachments, so I can't check your log file :(

You can find a solution to this problem at

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

section: Access denied

If you can't solve your problem with the above information,
please post this question again and say where you have tried to locate
the answer to your question and what you did.

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

If you really need fast explicit help, you should consider taking
MySQL email support.  We try to help everyone but our recourses are
quite limited and we must prioritize paying customers.

Yours,
Monty

PS:  This is a standard reply to questions that can easily be found in
     the mail archive, the reference manual, the perl man pages or in
     any of the examples in the MySQL distribution.
Thread
MySQL access problemK.Hirao8 Sep
  • MySQL access problemMichael Widenius8 Sep
  • Re: MySQL access problemPaul DuBois8 Sep