List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 19 1999 9:45am
Subject:Re: Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?
View as plain text

Tom> Yes but why change things that people are relying on without any good reason?
Tom> Good changed control practices apply to maining lists as well as software.

Tom> Tom

Hi!

As you may have noticed, we are now using a new mailer program that
gives you much more information in the mail headers.  This makes it
easier than before to sort messages (and also to unsubscribed).

At the same time we decided to remove the subject headers because over
time we have got many complains about them.  They also broke thread
handling for some mail programs and mail search archives!

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's hard to satisfy everyone at the
same time..

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?M.-A. Lemburg18 Mar
  • Re: Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?Tom Hallam19 Mar
Re: Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?Ed Carp19 Mar
  • Re: Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?Tom Hallam19 Mar
    • Re: Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?Michael Widenius19 Mar
  • Re: Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?Sam Gorton19 Mar
Re: Where is the [myodbc] subject header ?Ed Carp19 Mar