List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:December 12 2002 12:59pm
Subject:RE: MyOLEDB
View as plain text
>   Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
>   conn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};"_
>                         & "SERVER=localhost;"_
>                         & " DATABASE=test;"_
>                         & "UID=venu;PWD=venu; OPTION=35"

Here's an easy way to get MyODBC to tell you what the right settings are...

> > Dim con
> > Set con = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> >
> > con.Provider = "MySQLProv"
> > con.Open

If you put something like:

MsgBox "ConnectionString = " & conn.ConnectionString

here, you can fill in the connection box only once, then save away the
settings somewhere after they're displayed to you.  I use this little trick
all the time, because I never can remember all the connection settings and
options that MyODBC wants.  This way, I don't have to :)

--
Ed Carp, N7EKG          http://www.pobox.com/~erc               214/986-5870
Licensed Texas Peace Officer

Director, Software Development
Escapade Server-Side Scripting Engine Development Team
http://www.squishedmosquito.com

Microsoft Front Page - the official HTML editor of Al Qaeda
Microsoft Hotmail - the official email of Al Qaeda

Thread
MyOLEDBhelio11 Dec
  • Re: MyOLEDBChrister Ljung12 Dec
    • RE: MyOLEDBEd Carp12 Dec