List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 7:38pm
Subject:Decimal Datatypes/Primary Keys
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "David" == David Button <db@stripped> writes:

David> Hi
David> I am new to ODBC. I have Access97 on my local pc and am exporting to
David> MySQL on a remote server using ODBC. I have 3 queries which I can't
David> resolve from archives/manual.

David> 1) Although I'm setting a primary key in my Access dbase, this is not
David> 'appearing' in the mysql database. Do I have to this this 'manually'
David> after export?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one;  Try doing a MyODBC trace
file (or start mysqld with --log) and check what commands Access sends
to the MySQL server;  There is always the possibility the Access
doesn't send MySQL the information about the index!

David> 2) I want to export a currency or integer field with fixed two decimal
David> places but either end up with 4 decimal places or none in the mysql
David> table.

Same answer as above;  You must find out what statemens Access is
sending to MySQL to know what is going wrong.

David> 3) ODBC export does not appear to overwrite existing tables. I first
David> have to delete them on remote server before export. Is there a way round
David> this?

I don't think so (this is an Access problem)

David> Thanks
David> David Button

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysDavid Button5 Sep
  • Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysMichael Widenius8 Sep
  • Re: Decimal Datatypes/Primary KeysChristian Mack9 Sep