List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Schoch Date:September 7 1999 8:57pm
Subject:More Access questions
View as plain text
I'm using Access 2000 with MyODBC.  I have successfully created tables on mySQL
and linked them to Access.

I created a field named "modified_by" char(16) and would like to automatically
set that to the name of the current user (substring_index(User(), '@',  1)).
When I try to define such a value as the default value for this field, Access
tells me "Unknown function substring_index".

This can't be that difficult.  Any ideas?

--
Steven Schoch
StarNet Communications Corp.

Thread
basic myodbc questionsGregg4 Sep
  • Re: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet4 Sep
    • Re: basic myodbc questionsSanford Carr4 Sep
      • RE: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet6 Sep
        • RE: basic myodbc questionsJames Hamilton6 Sep
    • Re: basic myodbc questionsJames Hamilton4 Sep
      • RE: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet5 Sep
  • More Access questionsSteven Schoch8 Sep
  • Microsoft Access againSteven Schoch27 Sep