List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Hamilton Date:September 6 1999 6:12am
Subject:RE: basic myodbc questions
View as plain text
I successfully linked tables from my MySQL database to Access 2000, It
seems to work (at least for basic data manipulation).

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Daniel Ouellet wrote:

-->Well,
-->
-->I don't have Access 2000 yet, but the ODBC is the abstraction layer for the
-->software. It would make no sense for Microsoft to change the way it work
-->with ODBC even if they came out with ADO, etc. They still have to provide
-->connectivity with the ODBC world.
-->
-->So, you can try and follow the direction and I am pretty confident it would
-->work. You may have to find the ODBC section in a different menu, but it have
-->to be there.
-->
-->If it doesn't work, let me know and I will try to put my hand on access 2000
-->and try it.
-->
-->Daniel
-->