List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gregg Date:September 4 1999 12:15am
Subject:basic myodbc questions
View as plain text
Hi,

Could anyone point me to a place where I can read something in the way of a basic tutorial
on connecting MS Access 97 to a mySQL db via myODBC? I have a mySQL account, am able to
connect to it n a variety of ways. What I'm looking for is instructions on what I need to
do in Access. I was doing what I thought was correct, but keep getting a message saying
connection was not saved when I fill out the input areas in the myODBC driver dialog.
Here's what i tried:

1) In a new blank Access db I selected file/get external data/import
2) In next dialog i select files of type odbc
3) I choose new DSN, name it, choose mySQL as driver type and answer the
questions...immediately after hitting OK, I get this 'data source not saved' message and
nothing else. Any help? I'm sure this is super basic, so if anything in the way of an
established beginners tutorial already exists please pont me to it. Thanks n advance.

Gregg

Thread
basic myodbc questionsGregg4 Sep
  • Re: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet4 Sep
    • Re: basic myodbc questionsSanford Carr4 Sep
      • RE: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet6 Sep
        • RE: basic myodbc questionsJames Hamilton6 Sep
    • Re: basic myodbc questionsJames Hamilton4 Sep
      • RE: basic myodbc questionsDaniel Ouellet5 Sep
  • More Access questionsSteven Schoch8 Sep
  • Microsoft Access againSteven Schoch27 Sep