List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 30 1999 11:47pm
Subject:MyODBC interface to other DB's
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Bruce" == Bruce Fitzsimons <Bruce@stripped> writes:

Bruce> Hello,
Bruce> I'm new to the list, and I'm here because I'm interested in using MyODBC to
Bruce> interface to a different back end DB.

Bruce> I've spent the last few hours beginning my reverse-engineering of the
Bruce> protocol between MyODBC and MySQL.

Bruce> I thought I'd ask a few questions before I go any further with this...its a
Bruce> bit time-consuming.

Bruce> a. Is the port interface the MyODBC usees the same as the other programs
Bruce> (like the mysql shell interface) use?

Yes.

Bruce> b. Is this interface documented anywhere?

Sorry not yet :(

The best option in this case is the download the MyODBC source and use
the native protocol for your driver.  (It shouldn't be that hard)

Bruce> If you are interested, I am planning to use MyODBC as the front end for
Bruce> Mnesia, the Erlang (www.erlang.org) distributed, realtime, database. It's
Bruce> Open Source, by the way.

The MyODBC code is in public domain and there is also a GPL version of
MySQL available.

Bruce> Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Bruce> Thanks,
Bruce> Bruce

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MyODBC interface to other DB'sBruce Fitzsimons31 Aug
  • MyODBC interface to other DB'sMichael Widenius31 Aug
    • RE: MyODBC interface to other DB'sBruce Fitzsimons31 Aug