List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:July 22 2002 8:19am
Subject:RE: V 6.0 DAO FindFirst returns error
View as plain text
> Do you have to use DAO? It's a dead technology and horribly
> inefficient with ODBC data sources compared to ADO. I remember having
> an awful time trying to make it work with MySQL years ago.

Actually, it's not if you use the dbsqlpassthrough option.  It works just fine, and it's
backwards compatible with a lot more stuff.
Several of my clients mandate teh use of DAO because they have to suport legacy code, and
it's easier to support one technology than
3 or 4.  I've had no trouble at all making it work with MySQL or any other database that
supports ODBC, except for the
aforementioned problem (which I fixed), and the MyODBC driver popping up on errors, even
though I specify option=16, but that's not
a DAO issue.

Thread
V 6.0 DAO FindFirst returns errorEd Carp20 Jul
  • Re: V 6.0 DAO FindFirst returns errorJames Treworgy21 Jul
    • RE: V 6.0 DAO FindFirst returns errorRob McQualter22 Jul
    • RE: V 6.0 DAO FindFirst returns errorEd Carp22 Jul
  • Re: V 6.0 DAO FindFirst returns errorArthur Fuller22 Jul