List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 3 1999 12:01pm
Subject:Re: Office 2000
View as plain text
>>>>> "Nils" == Nils  <nils@stripped> writes:

Nils> Hi!
Nils> I've made an SQL-trace and a MyODBC trace. The logs became longer than I thought
Nils> and I'm not sure which part is relevant. Therefore I made an attachment of the
Nils> files.

Nils> The problem occurs when I'm trying to export a table form a database in Access
Nils> 2000 to a Linux mysql database. It did work just fine with Access 97 but not
Nils> with Access 2000.

Nils> Thanks in advance

Nils> Nils

From the SQL log:

CREATE TABLE ( varchar(50), varchar(255), varchar(50), varchar(255),
varchar(255), double, middleint, middleint, tinyint, varchar(50),
varchar(50), timestamp)

As you can see, Access doesn't send table or column names to ODBC.
This means that Access has a fundamental bug and doesn't work with
ODBC!

You should send a bug report to Microsoft about this!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Office 2000Nils27 Jul