List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:March 22 2002 1:11am
Subject:Re: Has anyone had any trouble
View as plain text
Small chunks are relitive. Your problem is not what you probably think. The
transfer is actually in the hands of the ODBC Manager (IE: ADO). Think TEMP
FILES and WEAK TCP/IP Stack. ODBC specs suggest a packet size no larger that
1400 bytes anyway. Anything else is unsupported and optional.

1) check the drive space of your C drive.
2) Consider more memory
3) If 1 and 2 are not the case, I bet you are running 95/98/me with a fixed
resource stack. In which case you are stuck.
4) Consider going NATIVE client. It works as advertised.

That aside,consider what large blocks and / or chunks do to the SERVER. It
takes atleast 3 times more internal resources (based on time,diskusage,and
memory) to deal with large amounts of data. That is, your effective upload may
take longer but the usability to others DURING this process is still ok. Small
chunks have proven the test of time, even before RDBM's could even deal with
ray data that size. In short, large bulky data streams are not scaleable.