List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 30 1999 4:15pm
Subject:Problems reading LONGTEXT in ASP
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter WR <pwr@stripped> writes:

Peter> Hi,
Peter> I get below errormeassage when SELECTING a LONGTEXT field in ASP. When
Peter> changing the field back to VARCHAR everything goes fine.

Peter> Error message ...
Peter> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
Peter> [TCX][MyODBC]Can't create/write to file '\\sql7_0.ism' (Errcode: 2)

Peter> /dgh002m.asp, line 296

The above means that MySQL can't create a file at your root disk

How did you start MySQL?

Try restarting MySQL, but set the --tmpdir option to point at some
writable directory.  Another option is to add to your c:\\my.cnf
file:

[mysqld]
tmpdir=c:/temp/

(assuming you have a c:\temp directory)

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Problems reading LONGTEXT in ASPPeter WR14 Jul
  • Problems reading LONGTEXT in ASPMichael Widenius30 Jul
Re: Problems reading LONGTEXT in ASPPeter WR31 Jul
  • Re: Problems reading LONGTEXT in ASPMichael Widenius1 Aug