List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 11 1999 2:01pm
Subject:How do I install MyODBC?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Barry" == Barry Cornelius <Barry.Cornelius@stripped>
> writes:

Barry> I want to be able to access a MySQL database from Microsoft Access running
Barry> on Windows 95.

Barry> My understanding is that in order to do this I need to install the MyOBDC
Barry> driver.  I have obtained a copy of myodbc-2.50.22-dll.zip and put the two
Barry> DLLs into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.  I think I need to register
Barry> this as a driver, because when I try to create a new data source, the
Barry> MyODBC driver does not appear in the list of known drivers.

Barry> When I go to ODBC in the Control Panel, and then click on the "ODBC
Barry> Drivers" tab, there is no Add button.  The Help information says:  "Note
Barry> that this dialog box no longer includes Add and Delete buttons to be used
Barry> to add or delete a driver.  An ODBC driver must be added or deleted
Barry> through the driver's setup program."  Unfortunately, MyODBC does not seem
Barry> to come with one of these.

Hi!

Just download the MyODBC 3.50.22 FULL version;  This includes the
setup.  The -dll.zip file is only for old MyODBC users thats want to
have a fast upgrade.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
How do I install MyODBC?Barry Cornelius11 Mar
  • Re: How do I install MyODBC?Christian Mack11 Mar
  • How do I install MyODBC?Michael Widenius11 Mar