List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:February 8 2002 8:06pm
View as plain text
DISCLAIMER: MyODBC 3.51 binaries and sources are released under General
             License, not under LGPL. """

Are you sure that you really want to ship MyODBC under the GPL
and not the LGPL ? ODBC drivers have to be linked against
something in order to work and the GPL infects all those
programs... some of which probably come with a non-GPL compatible license.

I tend to agree. In my mind there seems to be some ambiguity when a User
  (not a developer) opts to have an application dynamically link against
a share library. The LGPL would remove the ambiguity.

Please clarify your position on this or, better yet, switch the license
to LGPL.

mysql, myodbc, database

LicensePeter Harvey8 Feb