List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:February 8 2002 8:06pm
Subject:License
View as plain text
<quote>
DISCLAIMER: MyODBC 3.51 binaries and sources are released under General
Public
             License, not under LGPL. """
</quote>

<quote>
Are you sure that you really want to ship MyODBC under the GPL
and not the LGPL ? ODBC drivers have to be linked against
something in order to work and the GPL infects all those
programs... some of which probably come with a non-GPL compatible license.
</quote>

I tend to agree. In my mind there seems to be some ambiguity when a User
  (not a developer) opts to have an application dynamically link against
a share library. The LGPL would remove the ambiguity.

Please clarify your position on this or, better yet, switch the license
to LGPL.

Peter

mysql, myodbc, database

Thread