List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:February 8 2002 7:36pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC 3.51 released
View as plain text
> """
> DISCLAIMER: MyODBC 3.51 binaries and sources are released under General Public
>             License, not under LGPL.
> """
>
> Are you sure that you really want to ship MyODBC under the GPL
> and not the LGPL ? ODBC drivers have to be linked against
> something in order to work and the GPL infects all those
> programs... some of which probably come with a non-GPL
> compatible license.

I tend to agree. In my mind there seems to be some ambiguity when a User
  (not a developer) opts to have an application dynamically link against
a share library. The LGPL would remove the ambiguity.

Please clarify your position on this or, better yet, switch the license
to LGPL.

Peter

Thread
RE: MyODBC 3.51 releasedVenu9 Feb