List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:February 4 2002 10:35pm
Subject:Re: Compile MyODBC under Mac OS X
View as plain text
Here are some binary installs for OS X. I created them a few weeks ago...

http://www.codebydesign.com/DataArchitect/downloads/unixODBC/mac-10.1.1/

They are an 'ok' first pass and should do the trick for you. Just drop
the desired files on your desktop and click your way through the install.

Peter

Jim Dickenson wrote:

> I have installed unixODBC version 2.2.0 by doing the following:
>
>    I needed to add #include <sys/types.h> to
>       /usr/include/sys/ipc.h and /usr/include/sys/direct.h
>
>    Downloaded the source tarball
>
>    expanded with tar xzf <file>
>
>    cd unixODBC-2.2.0
>
>    ./configure --enable-stats=no --enable-gui=no
>       Stats was disabled because semaphores are used and OS X either
>       does not use them or whatever. The required header is not present.
>       I disabled gui because I did not want to install QT.
>
> I then tried to compile the MyODBC driver by doing the following
>
>    cd Drivers/MySQL
>       ./configure --with-unixODBC=/usr/local \
>       --with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include \
>       --with-odbc-ini=/usr/local/etc \
>       --with-mysql-libs=/usr/local/mysql/lib
>
> but the OS X host is still not known to confiugre. I tried adding
>
>       --host=powerpc-apple
>
> but configure does not know how to create anything other than a static
> library. How does one create a .so or .dyn type library from a .a file?
>
> Has anyone been able to compile MyODBC 3.51 under Mac OS X? If so how did
> you do it?
>
> TIA,

Thread
Compile MyODBC under Mac OS XJim Dickenson4 Feb
  • Re: Compile MyODBC under Mac OS XPeter Harvey4 Feb
    • Re: Compile MyODBC under Mac OS XJim Dickenson4 Feb
      • Re: Compile MyODBC under Mac OS XNick Gorham5 Feb