List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Sherrill Date:December 27 2001 9:17pm
Subject:Re: Why I will stay with Microsoft SQL Server
View as plain text
You do not need to use MS Access nor would I recommend it to manipulate or
recreate the MySQL Server required tables (the 'mysql' db). The basic
install that comes with the MySQL Windows binary is sufficient to get you
started (including WinMySQLadmin).  After you have created a few databases
and populated the tables,  you really should try one of the third party MS
Windows tools for administrating your MySQL databases.  As I had mentioned
earlier,  I have had great success with MySQL-Front (
http://www.anse.de/mysqlfront/ ), but there are numerous others that many of
the individuals on this list have developed and offer as Freeware or
Shareware.

I hope this helps...

Pat...