List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Sherrill Date:December 23 2001 3:20pm
Subject:Re: Why I will stay with Microsoft SQL Server
View as plain text
If you wish to truly service your customer,  try again.  You won't be
disappointed.  The complexity of any SQL server, or any file handler for
that matter, cannot be evaluated in 3 hours.  A succinct description of your
scenario and difficulties will elicit a plethora of responses from this
list.

There are situations where MySQL would not be an appropriate solution, but
if the schemas and applications are currently using a Jet DB (MS Access), I
think MySQL would probably be an acceptable fit.

There are solutions other than ODBC in connecting to a database as well.

Pat...
patrick@stripped