List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stefan Pantke Date:March 17 1999 1:08am
Subject:ODBC/MFC problem
View as plain text
I'm about to write an ISAPI DLL on NT 4.0 using VC++ 6.0.

Using various settings while opening the CDatabase/CRecordset objects,
I allways get error messages from thrown exceptions:

     - dynasets not supported
     - static-cursors required, if snapshop requested

I found no combination of parameters to use the ODBC
MFC classes to even read one record.

Question:

     Can I use MySQL using MFC and ODBC with VC++ 6.0?
     Is the MySQL ODBC driver thread-safe?

Thanks

Stefan

Here is a code sample:

          // simple call to CDatabase.Open failes -> KB Q181434
          lCompanyDB.OpenEx(_T("DSN=my2;UID=root;"),
CDatabase::noOdbcDialog);

          CGetCompany    lCompanyRS( &lCompanyDB );

          lCompanyRS.Open( CRecordset::dynaset, NULL );

          if ( ! lCompanyRS.IsBOF() )
          {
               while( ! lCompanyRS.IsEOF() )
               {