List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 11 1999 2:06pm
Subject:Re: How do I install MyODBC?
View as plain text
Barry Cornelius wrote:

> I want to be able to access a MySQL database from Microsoft Access running
> on Windows 95.
>
> My understanding is that in order to do this I need to install the MyOBDC
> driver.  I have obtained a copy of myodbc-2.50.22-dll.zip and put the two
> DLLs into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.  I think I need to register
> this as a driver, because when I try to create a new data source, the
> MyODBC driver does not appear in the list of known drivers.-win95
>
> When I go to ODBC in the Control Panel, and then click on the "ODBC
> Drivers" tab, there is no Add button.  The Help information says:  "Note
> that this dialog box no longer includes Add and Delete buttons to be used
> to add or delete a driver.  An ODBC driver must be added or deleted
> through the driver's setup program."  Unfortunately, MyODBC does not seem
> to come with one of these.
>
> --
> Barry Cornelius                      Telephone: (0191 or +44 191) 374 4717

Hi Barry

Your problem is easy to fix.
You have to get the myodbc-2_50_19.zip first.
Extract it into a temporary directorie and start setup.exe

This will install MyODBC on your machine.

After that overwrite the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\myodbc.dll (from MyODBC 2.50.19) with one of
the dll's from the myodbc-2_50_22-dll.zip.
myodbc2.dll is the speed optimized version, myodbc.dll is the version with debugging.
So you don't need both at a time.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
How do I install MyODBC?Barry Cornelius11 Mar
  • Re: How do I install MyODBC?Christian Mack11 Mar
  • How do I install MyODBC?Michael Widenius11 Mar