List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 16 1999 11:59am
Subject:Re: Connect Mysql from Win95 to Linux
View as plain text
Hi Bill

Did you try to give the IP address of your MySQL host instead of it's name in the
ODBC-DSN?

Tschau
Christian

3c4n 3c4n wrote:

> Hi
> I can ping and I can use telnet work with the linux and MySQL on
> linux. but can not use MyODBC.
> Now, I found a new case, that is when I restart mysql on linux, then
> myodbc get the local IPaddress of the client compuer that running
> win95, not the linux computer IPaddress, I don't why? if I try
> to connect second,third, ... etc, then myodbc can not get the
> IPaddress and always gave the error:
>
> Key violation
> [TCX][MyODBC]Host '' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.
> Alias: mysql1
> BDE Error:9729 [$26][$1]
> and
> BDE Error:13059 [$33][$3]
> Server Error: 1130
>
> I felt as if that MyODBC can not get the correct host IPaddress in
> hosts(under <windows> dir).
>
> I tried it sevaral days, but I can not make any progress.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Bill
>
> >From: "Christian Mack" <Mack@stripped>
> >To: 3c4n 3c4n <c3n4@stripped>
> >Subject: Re: Connect Mysql from Win95 to Linux
> >Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:31:56 +0100
> >
> >3c4n 3c4n wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,friend
> >> thank you to reply me.
> >> I forgot put my name, my name is bill.
> >>
> >> my config is as bellow:
> >> Windows DSN name: mysql1
> >> MySQL host(name or IP): Linux
> >> MySQL database name: tp
> >> User: bill
> >> Password:
> >> Port(if not 3306): 3307
> >>
> >> I use delphi2 under windows95, BDE version is 3.0.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

> on
> >> >>
> >< cut >
> >
> >Hi Bill
> >
> >Can you connect to the machine called 'Linux' from your Win95 machine?
> >For example does
> >C:\> ping Linux
> >work from DOS commandline?
> >
> >If that works, how are the settings in the priviledge tables of the
> mysql?
> >(It would be good to send at least the 'mysql.user' table entries of
> the 'Host', 'User' and 'Password' fields.)
> >Perhaps your mysql user 'bill' needs a password, or something like
> that.
> >
> >Tschau
> >Christian

Thread
Connect Mysql from Win95 to Linux3c4n 3c4n12 Mar
  • Re: Connect Mysql from Win95 to LinuxChristian Mack13 Mar
Re: Connect Mysql from Win95 to LinuxChristian Mack16 Mar
Re: Connect Mysql from Win95 to LinuxBill Kenihan17 Mar
  • Re: Connect Mysql from Win95 to Linuxdbadmin17 Mar
Re:Connect Mysql from Win95 to LinuxBill Kenihan17 Mar