List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:June 18 1999 3:07pm
Subject:Re: Problem loading libmyodbc-2.50.23.so?
View as plain text
James Craig Ziegler wrote:

> 1. Installed Caldera OpenLinux 2.2
> 2. Downloaded MySQL-2.50.24-src, installed, tested, works ok
> 3. Downloaded qt-2.00beta2, installed, tested, works ok
> 4. Downloaded unixODBC-Beta1.0.5, installed, tested, works,
>    i.e. ODBCConfig runs, finds setup l*.so, displays proper panel,
>    allows configuration of data source, etc.
> 5. Downloaded MyODBC-2.50.24-src, installed, moved all .so
>    to /usr/lib, ran ldconfig, setup system DSN
> 6. Started DataManager, got panel display
> 7. Expanded driver branch, shows MySql driver
> 8. Expanded system DSN, shows the MySql DSN
> 9. Expanded the DSN, got login panel, entered ID and PWD,
>    got error:
>     "Login Failed
>      This may be for one of three reasons;
>      1. Invalid ID and Password
>      2. Invalid Data Source config
>      3. improper installation "
> 10. Ran DataManager under GDB, break at SQLConnect, got to break,
>     n'd through to "__connect_part_1" call, s'd into
>     "__connect_part_1" , driver_lib points to correct lib,
>     n'd through to call to "dl_open(driver_lib,RTLD_NOW)",
>     got break in _dl_catch_error, then dl_open returned NULL.
>
> Since dl_open is called RTLD_NOW, it seems to me that some library
> that libmyodbc.so is trying to link in is missing.
>
> gcc version = egcs 2.91.60
> lib version = glibc 2.1
>
> Any ideas? suggestions?

James,

1. try setting DSN option trace on and send trace file
2. try using unixODBC/Drivers/dltest to find missing reference
3. did you configure driver for unixODBC
4. you may want to use the MyODBC driver in unixODBC (I know it works)

Peter Harvey

BTW: Great explanation!!

Thread
Problem loading libmyodbc-2.50.23.so?James Craig Ziegler18 Jun
  • Re: Problem loading libmyodbc-2.50.23.so?Peter Harvey18 Jun