List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 15 1999 6:49pm
Subject:host %-.64s
View as plain text
>>>>> "Petr" == Petr Stehlik <pstehlik@stripped> writes:

Petr> Hi,
Petr> I have been trying to install and use MyODBC 2.50.20-22 but everytime I try
Petr> to connect to our Linux/MySQL 3.21 server I get the following error:

Petr> "Host '%-.64s' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

Petr> I have no idea why I am not allowed to connect - user and password should be
Petr> OK. Besides, the error report above looks like a wrong sprintf() so I am not
Petr> sure what host is not allowed to connect. The myodbc.log is attached.

Hi!

The 'host name' value is printed correctly if you use MySQL 3.22...

The problem is that nothing that can match your hostname or IP exists
in the host column in the mysql.user table!

Please check the mail archive and the reference manual before posting!
You can find a solution to this problem at

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

section: Access denied

If you can't find solve your problem with the above information,
please post this question again and say where you have tried to locate
the answer to your question and what you did.

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

If you really need fast explicit help, you should consider taking
MySQL email support.  We try to help everyone but our recourses are
quite limited and we must prioritize paying customers.

Yours,
Monty

PS:  This is a standard reply to questions that can easily be found in
     the mail archive, the reference manual, the perl man pages or in
     any of the examples in the MySQL distribution.

Thread
host %-.64sPetr Stehlik15 Mar
  • host %-.64sMichael Widenius15 Mar
RE: host %-.64sPetr Stehlik16 Mar