List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:June 15 1999 10:18pm
Subject:Re: How set it up
View as plain text
> I'm very unclear on how to set up ODBC on Linux for a MYSQL DB server on
> another machine.
>
> It' almost looks like I have to redownload the entire MYSL server source
> first, then compile the myodb driver.
>
> Can anyone give me set by step instructions to do this?
>
> Can I use Applixwares database ODBC tools to acess MYSQL?

Ruben,

Basically you just need an ODBC DriverManager and the MySQL ODBC Driver.

unixODBC is one option ( http://www.unixodbc.org ). I have not tested it
with Aplix but I would be willing to help you out (if I can) if you run into
trouble.

If you are a KDE user then you may be interested in knowing that ODBC is
being dropped into KDE. Expect it in KDE 2.0 (perhaps sooner).

Peter

Thread
How set it upRuben16 Jun
  • Re: How set it upPeter Harvey16 Jun
  • calling a stored procedure from iODBCYaroslav Gorodetsky1 Jul
    • calling a stored procedure from iODBCMichael Widenius1 Jul
  • Re: calling a stored procedure from iODBCYaroslav Gorodetsky1 Jul